- Transcripts: Provide both unofficial and official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions or programs attended. You may upload your unofficial transcripts directly to the online application. Official transcripts should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the following address:
Application Processing Center
PO Box 30096 011-001
College Station, TX 77842
- Letters of recommendation: Provide at least two letters from professional or academic references who can attest to your dedication to helping others and your ability to succeed in a challenging master’s program.
- Resume or CV: Upload your current resume or curriculum vitae detailing any clinical experiences you may have.
- Statement of purpose: Write a statement describing your interest in earning a graduate counseling degree online. Explain how your academic and/or professional background has prepared you to succeed in the program and how you will be an asset to the Northwestern community.
- Supplemental essay: In a clear and concise way, write about a time in your life when you had to be courageous, as well as a time when you have juggled multiple priorities, and how you handled it. Your essay should be no longer than three single-spaced pages in 12-point type.
- Recent photo: Upload a recent headshot, such as a passport photo, that includes no other individuals. Use standard image files such as .png, .jpg, .gif, or .pdf.
- Test scores: Submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) taken within the last two years if you completed your postsecondary academic work outside the United States. These scores must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to Northwestern University using institution code 1565 and object code 01. GRE scores are not required for admission to the program. Note: all students must be US citizens or permanent residents living in the United States throughout the program. Non-US citizens and students living outside the United States are not eligible for the program at this time.
- Application fee: Pay the $95 application fee by debit or credit card within the online application.