How to Apply
- admitted to Northwestern University and accept your admit offer;
- a citizen or permanent resident of the United States;
- enrolled at least half time (2 credits per quarter) during the entire loan period and;
- in good standing on prior federal loans. You can check your federal student loan borrowing history and loan servicer details by logging into StudentAid.gov homepage.
Apply for Federal Student Aid
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan: Graduate students are potentially eligible to receive up to $20,500 per academic year. The potential eligibility amount is not based on need nor income.
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan: If approved, this credit-based loan can be used in addition to the Direct Unsubsidized Loan, to cover tuition and provide supplemental funding for other expenses up to the cost of attendance.