Clinical Training and Placement
Find Suitable Clinical Training Placements with the Help of a Placement Specialist
- learn advanced client management and therapeutic skills during the Supervised Internship in Counseling course; and
- assess your therapeutic effectiveness and articulate areas of concern during the Psychodynamic Case Conference Experience.
Clinical Training and Placement Expectations
- Field placements must be completed at sites within the United States, not including US military bases abroad. If you live outside the United States, you must relocate to the continental United States, Alaska, or Hawaii before starting your placement.
- You must adjust your schedule to your site supervisor’s schedule to complete field placements during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.).
- We strive to place you as close to your community as possible, but you may need to travel up to 75 miles one way to your placement sites.
- Due to potential conflicts of interest, students cannot complete clinical training at their current place of work.
- Our in-person learning and clinical field experiences are central to our highly collaborative program. Due to Covid-19, there is an increase in telemental health (TMH) services and opportunities, however, TMH placements cannot be guaranteed and in person work should be expected.