5 Tips on How to Make Time for Self-Care

Counseling@Northwestern graduate student Liz Kauffelt and Dr. Michele Kerulis share simple strategies for self-care.

The Opera Reflections: Unsung Heroes

The final entry in this series about mental health themes in opera explores a hero’s journey.

5 Tips for Prioritizing Exercise for Essential Workers

In a crisis, essential workers may have limited capacity to engage in exercise that is necessary to maintain both physical and mental health.

Dr. Michele Kerulis Discusses Her New Role as Chair of the Midwest Region of the American Counseling Association

Dr. Michele Kerulis shares her priorities as she assumes a new role with the ACA during a challenging time. 

Adopting Telemental Health in a Time of Crisis

The ongoing coronavirus pandemic has underscored the reality that the need for mental health services is not location or population specific—it is universal. Access to mental health care continues to be a critical issue for all counselors, and, at its core, telemental health is focused on access.

Understanding Sleep Hygiene and Mental Health

Sleep hygiene is part of maintaining physical and mental health outcomes, which requires honoring one’s own needs and making changes for better sleep.