- What is Counseling@Northwestern?
- How are The Family Institute and Northwestern University connected?
- What is the difference between Counseling@Northwestern and the on-campus Master of Arts in Counseling Program?
- What differentiates this program from other Master of Arts in Counseling programs?
- Is Counseling@Northwestern accredited?
- How many credits are required to complete the Master of Arts in Counseling Program?
- Is the online program available full time and part time?
- How long does the program take to complete?
- Can I work full time while enrolled in the program?
- Will I be required to visit campus?
- What is the student-to-faculty ratio?
- Are there specializations or emphasis options available that I can pursue to focus my education?
- Will my diploma indicate that I earned my degree online?
- Will this degree allow me to pursue licensure in any state?
- What does it mean to become a licensed counselor?
- Can I become a school counselor with a degree from this program?
- What types of jobs and salaries are possible with this degree?
- Can I qualify for doctoral programs with this degree?
- How do I know if counseling best suits my skills and career goals or if I am better suited for clinical psychology, social work, or marriage and family therapy?
- Do I need an undergraduate degree in counseling or psychology, or relevant experience in the field, to be eligible for this program?
- Do I need to submit standardized test scores?
- I’m not a US citizen or permanent resident. Can I apply?
- I’m a US citizen living abroad. Am I eligible for the program?
- Do I need to complete an interview?
- Is there an application fee?
- What are the minimum eligibility requirements for admission to the program, such as undergraduate GPA and GRE scores?
- Are there prerequisite courses?
- Can I request that my transcripts be sent electronically?
- If I am currently enrolled in or have previously attended another graduate counseling program, will my credits transfer?
- Can I take individual Counseling@Northwestern courses to fulfill outstanding requirements for another program?
- Do I need to secure my own field placement?
- How much time should I expect to spend at my placement site?
- If I do not have a car, how does this impact my field placement selection?
- Can I complete my placement where I work?
- How far will I have to travel to get to my field placement?
- Are there weekend and weeknight placements available?
- When does field placement begin?
What is Counseling@Northwestern?
How are The Family Institute and Northwestern University connected?
What is the difference between Counseling@Northwestern and the on-campus Master of Arts in Counseling Program?
- Same rigor, values, and mission
- Same academic standards and requirements
- Same degree earned and diploma received—online graduates are invited to participate in the commencement ceremony on campus in Chicago